For Prasad/ Products/ Ritual material
2. I hereby agree to be bound by the terms and conditions given at website and have thoroughly gone through the same.
3. I take full responsibility that I am ordering the items/ products in the capacity of an adult person, fully capable to enter into a valid contract as per Indian Contract Act, 1872.
4. While ordering Prasad online, I understand that Vrindavan Retail Store LLP is not a temple representative and merely procuring the Prasad from the places mentioned herein and supplying the same to us, further I am fully conscious of the fact that the Prasad is for consumption within a reasonable period of time, depending upon the reasonable shelf life of the item delivered to me.
5. I further understand that Vrindavan Retail Store LLP is not performing any process/ adding/ mixing/ changing the colour/ contours/ essence of the Prasad, in any manner nor adding any preservative or any other item whatsoever, to preserve, increase the shelf life or to enhance the taste of the Prasad that is being purchased by me. In other words, I am fully aware that the Prasad is being delivered to be right after being procured from the holy shrine.
6. I hereby agree that I am fully responsible for the Prasad that I shall be consuming and since Vrindavan Retail Store LLP is merely acting as a conduit between the Shrine and me, I have no legal/ any other right whatsoever to bring about a suit against them.
7. While ordering other products, I agree and accept that the items depicted on the website may not be the same as those mentioned in the photographs. The photographs are merely for representational purposes and the actual product/ item may differ from the same in terms of size/ nature/ colour etc.
For Services – Book a Pandit/ Book a tour/ travel etc.
2. I hereby agree to be bound by the terms and conditions given at vrindavanstore.com and have thoroughly gone through the same.
3. I take full responsibility that I am ordering the service in the capacity of an adult person, fully capable to enter into a valid contract as per Indian Contract Act, 1872.
4. While ordering the service of ‘Book a Pandit’online, I understand that ‘Vrindaval LLP’is merely acting as a conduit between the Pandit and me and does not hold any other responsibility towards the Pandit. I further understand that the Pandit is neither an agent nor an employee of Vrindavan Retail Store LLP and is being booked by Vrindavan LLPon my request. I also understand that Vrindavan LLP shall not be responsible for any or all acts of the Pandit and is absolved of any of the actions of the Pandit. It is agreed that the Pandit shall take the fees from vrindavanstore.com.
5. In the case of Book a Yatra service, I understand that the trip may require various levels of physical fitness and I shall ensure that I understand the level and nature of physical activity, fitness and endurance required for a chosen tour (yatra) prior to the commencement of the same. I shall ascertain myself (in consultation with their doctors) whether I would be able to undertake and complete the chosen Yatra.
6. I understand that the Yatramay beorganized at remote and/or inaccessible places and medical assistance may not be available on site, so I would carry along my medicines and any other medical equipment needed for aid.
7. If subsequent to making payment for a tour I become medically unfit, reimbursement of the paid amount shall be at the sole discretion of Vrindavan LLP.
8. I understand that Vrindavan LLP, its Owners and employees would not be responsible for any loss, liability, damage, expenses, injury, sickness or death occasioned to me or fellow travellers except for lack of provision of amenities, services and infrastructure which are to be provided by Vrindavan LLP themselves (and by not third parties) as described on www.vrindavanstore.com. I further understand and agree that Vrindavan LLP would not be responsible for such liabilities arising out of acts of god, earthquake, flood, storm, fire, rain, landslide, government restrictions, strikes or bandhs, defect of motor vehicles, acts of third party, external aggression, law and order disturbances, negligence of any travelers or travelers failing to heed the instructions of the organisers / activity guides, any risks that are normally attendant on a particular activity and any matters that are outside the control of the Vrindavan LLP.
9. I understand that the management at Vrindavan LLP reserves the right to refuse admission or removal from an existing trip due to misconduct of any sort by a traveler who may have paid for a trip. This can be with reference to any of the other travelers or the coordinator in charge of the trip. Misconduct can be classified as either physical violence, verbally abusive behavior or any other sort of harassment. Vrindavan LLP strictly does not strictly condone it and has a zero tolerance policy for the same.